Friday, June 15, 2012

The Lake

It's no secret that one of the best perks of this ramshackle house is the proximity of Green Lake.  Green Lake is, in my opinion, one of the best parks in Seattle.  As my mother recently said "it's like Central Park without the skyscrapers".  So true.  I go running there at least a couple of times a week and it never fails to delight me.

My favorite part of spring at the lake is duckling season!  I've been taking photos of them for a couple of months now so I thought I should share some of my favorites. 
This is the quintessential duckling shot.  Gorgeous tree trailing in the water, blue skies reflected in the lake, ducklings so tiny they can barely be seen as they blend in with their surroundings.
Slightly more visible clutch of ducklings but look how tiny!  Each one no bigger than a baseball.  Cheep cheep cheep!

This winter, an old big leaf maple along the lake path cracked in half and had to be cut down.  Every three days or so since then, some mystery tree lover has come to update this shrine with whatever flowers are in season.  Camellias were the flower of the day this time:
Beautiful.  The lake community never fails to impress me.  

One last photo of balls of fluff that paddle around and cheep loudly?  OK, twist my arm!
A wee flotilla!  Welcome to the lake, ducklings!  I hope you love it as much as I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment