Saturday, February 12, 2011

30 Before 30 Update - #23

The 30 Before 30 Project is on and I'm already making progress.  Check it out:

1. Host mah jongg night.
2. Make jam.
3. Host brunch. (Done!)
4. Go for a picnic.
5. Go grocery shopping on my bike.
6. Finish my year-end photo albums.
7. Take Fred to Lost Lake.
8. Rearrange the backyard.
9. Eat at the Space Needle.
10. Stay in bed all day.
11. <edited for privacy.>
12. Have a really girly slumber party.
13. Play a round of mini-golf.
14. Get the craft room sorted and gorgeousified.
15. Go for a weekend in the San Juans.
16. Have an individual date with each NGS.
17. Go for a hike.
18. Plan and cook a week’s worth of dinners.
19. Go to Portland to see old friends.
20. Perfect a signature recipe (one slightly more nutritional than Bundt cake.)
21. Go to the drive-in movies.
22. Get a mani-pedi every month. (Done for Jan and Feb!)
23. Go ice skating. (Done!  Colorado with the parentals!)
24. Find the perfect shade of lipstick.
25. Host a big tea party in the back yard.
26. Make a quilt top.
27. Take six dance classes of any kind. (Two down.  Love the Little Red Hen.)
28. Ride on a Ferris wheel.
29. Organize our finances and filing system.
        30. Plan an awesome 30th birthday party.

This week, I completed #23, "go ice skating".  I went to Colorado to see my parents.  We had an awesome day skiing at Copper Mountain, and topped it off with skating at the most charming skating pond ever to be in existence.  Imagine drifts of snow around a circular pond, trees lit with Christmas lights, bonfire on one side, and no other people on the ice.  As my dear friend Sara would have said, "aaaaaaaaamazing!"  Unfortunately, my mom tore her ACL earlier this week, so it was just me and my dear papa, but Mom was an excellent photographer.





OK, it was really dark and hard to photograph.  But you get the idea.  Totally charming.  #23, it was nice to know you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment