Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Crush the January Blahs - Part One

As many people know, January is my least favorite time of year.  The skies are gray, the rain is endless, winter seems like it will go on forever.  Feels like there is nothing to look forward to other than a lot of gloomy skies and mud.  Some years I try to come up with a grand plan for circumnavigating the blues.  (Witness: pink hair, 2006.)  Other years it happens more organically. This year, I didn't really have a plan.  I've booked out the next two weeks with a different fun activity every day, which might help.

Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans.  Tonight I had planned a hot date with the hubs, to go have dinner and see Picasso at SAM.  Um, yeah.  Epic fail.  Turns out I'm the last person in Seattle to know Picasso tickets are sold out (even for freaking members!)  OMG.  Cue morphing of me from a perfectly normal person into a pouty, pouty princess.  The hubs steered me into Maximilien and whistled me up a French martini and some mussels.  This was a good start.  With that much butter not even I could keep up a pouty face.

What to do with the rest of the night?  I suggested going out for a movie, but the hubs wanted to go home.  We came home and looked for a movie in our (newly) vast collection.  (Thanks Jon!)  What did we settle on?  Wait for it...BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.



Wait, it gets better.  SING-ALONG.

Yeah.  The hubs and I sang along to Beauty and the Beast.  Unfortunately, it would have ruined the mood to snap a picture, but the look on his face while singing "I use antlers in all of my deeeeeeeeeeecoraaaaaaaaaaating!" was priceless enough to keep me happy for a whole year.  Suck it January.

P.S. Don't worry, we're almost never this adorable.
P.P.S.  Admit it, you know every word to Be Our Guest.  "Try the gray stuff, it's delicious!  Don't believe me?  Ask the dishes!"  Even manly men have been known to break out into a Disney tune.  Own it, I bet you'll feel better!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute I can't even handle it. LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Martine! We got this! Spring is getting closer!!!

    ReplyDelete