"Cause ya gotta have a goal. Do you have a goal?" "Well I always wanted to be in the Ice Capades..." C'mon, what movie?? Although I'm not Julia Roberts, I also have goals.
These are my house goals for October/November. I realize we're already 2/3 through October, but we've been working on #1 for two months now so I'm reeeeeally hoping we'll get it done by month's end. Also October/November is a great home improvement time block because no one wants to be working on the house around the holidays. And, once it gets cold, no one wants to be in the shop. So:
Goals for October/November:
- Finish molding (getting so close!)
- Photograph historic newspapers inside History Wall downstairs for reals. (Subgoal: find a friend with a really nice camera to come over and help us preserve the 100-year-old-wallpaper in our walls. Any volunteers?)
- Do something about the pass through. (What? You didn't want this ragged hole in the wall there forever?
- Try sanding down one window with crappy chipping paint and try repainting it myself. (This is going to be the trickiest, because I have to live up to the hubs' professional standards! I'm looking forward to the challenge.)
- Get siding on the back of the house and hopefully reclaim a little of this deliciousness:
OK, that's a lot of big goals. We'll see how we do. Do y'all tend to over-goal? Do you ever achieve all of them? Wanna do an over-under on whether we accomplish all these? (I'm giving us 20:80, but I'm going to try real hard!)