Friday, March 18, 2011

30 before 30 - #10

1. Host mah jongg night.
2. Make jam.
3. Host brunch. (Done!)
4. Go for a picnic.
5. Go grocery shopping on my bike.
6. Finish my year-end photo albums.
7. Take Fred to Lost Lake.
8. Rearrange the backyard.
9. Eat at the Space Needle.
10. Stay in bed all day.  (Done!)
11. <edited for privacy.>
12. Have a really girly slumber party.
13. Play a round of mini-golf.
14. Get the craft room sorted and gorgeousified.
15. Go for a weekend in the San Juans.
16. Have an individual date with each NGS.
17. Go for a hike.
18. Plan and cook a week’s worth of dinners.
19. Go to Portland to see old friends.
20. Perfect a signature recipe (one slightly more nutritional than Bundt cake.)
21. Go to the drive-in movies.
22. Get a mani-pedi every month. (Done for Jan and Feb!)
23. Go ice skating. (Done!  Colorado with the parentals!)
24. Find the perfect shade of lipstick.
25. Host a big tea party in the back yard.
26. Make a quilt top.
27. Take six dance classes of any kind. (Two down.  Love the Little Red Hen.)
28. Ride on a Ferris wheel.
29. Organize our finances and filing system.
        30. Plan an awesome 30th birthday party.

This is a slightly delayed post, but in retrospect I took advantage of President's Day and knocked #10 out of the park.  I stayed in bed allll day.  My view for the day looked something like this:



 It was everything I wanted it to be, lazy, decadent, relaxing and fun.  I read, napped, snuggled, talked on the phone and generally ignored my huge to-do list.  It was incredibly relaxing.  I managed to hoover myself out of bed around 5 to shower and have dinner with my favorite person which was the perfect way to end the perfect day.  Thanks Presidents!  Couldn't have done it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment